Best Breakfast Smoothie Recipes? Check Out Our Top 10 Picks
A lot of people know that breakfast is very important but it is not an easy task. Juggling preparing breakfast, taking care of the kids and getting ready for the day in the morning is a challenging task. Most of the time people skip their breakfast for things such as showers. A breakfast smoothie is the solution to your struggle. They are very quick to do, taste like heaven, portable and healthy. There are a lot of options and recipes that you can choose from so most likely, you will not get bored.
1. Kale Morning Green Smoothie
This is a great smoothie to get your protein, vitamin C and antioxidants in before you head towards the door out to work.
- 1 large ripe pear
- 1 ½ cup coconut water
- 1 orange
- 1 medium banana
- 8 kale leaves
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- 1 cup ice
2. Warm Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
Warm smoothie recipes are all the rage right now. The only difference between a cold and a hot smoothie in this recipe is that the milk is heated. You can add protein powder if you desire.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup plain nut milk or unsweetened vanilla
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- First things you need to do is heat milk. Next is to put the milk in the blender and all the ingredients. Blend. Transfer the smoothie in a jar and put your choice of chocolate on top.
3. Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie
The Greek yogurt in this smoothie gives it smooth and creamy finish while providing protein nd calcium. Blueberry helps flush belly fat.
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 3 ounces non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup kale
- ½ cup of frozen pineapple
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries
- Put all of the ingredients into the blender and mix.
4. Pomegranate, Raspberry and Acai Smoothie
This smoothie recipe has a lot of antioxidants and all kinds of nutrients jam pack into one snack. The raspberry ketone is an anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and helps improve cardiovascular health. Acai berry helps with weight loss and lowers cholesterol. Pomegranate is beneficial to the blood vessels and the heart.
- 1 cup of pomegranate juice
- 1 cup of acai juice
- 3 cups of frozen raspberries
- Put both of the juice in the blender followed by the raspberry. Blend until you get a smooth texture.
5. Almond Banana Smoothie
This rich and smooth concoction will keep you full and save time in the kitchen. You can substitute the almond milk with soy or dairy milk.
- ½ cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ bananas
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup vanilla almond milk
- Honey to taste
- Blend the ingredients together until the consistency is smooth. Add honey if needed.
6. Coconut Green Smoothie
A coconut kick is included in this very healthy and green smoothie.
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 large peeled banana
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tbsp. shaved coconut
- 1 green apple, chopped, peeled, cored, apple
- 1 cup of ice
- Put the yogurt, banana, spinach, coconut milk, ice and coconut and put them in a blender.
7. Cantaloupe, Ginger and Kale Smoothie
This green and sweet smoothie has fiber and flaxseeds for some needed protein.
- 1 cup of kale, coarsely chopped and stemmed
- 1 cup of rice cantaloupe
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tsp. flaxseed meal
- 1 cup of unsweetened black tea
- ½ cup of Medjool dates
- ½ cup ice
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- Put all of the ingredients in the blender and put it on high speed for about 2 minutes.
8. Chia Berry Smoothie
High in fiber and vitamin C, this very rich antioxidant smoothie is a great drink to start your day.
- ½ cup of unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- ½ tbsp. chia seeds
- ½ cup water
9. Fruit Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 medium sized banana, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries or raspberries
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of raw coconut meat
- 1-1 ½ cup of fresh pineapple juice
- 1 cup of frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup pineapple
- 1 vanilla bean
- ½ tbsp. ground flax
- 1 kiwi
- Put the strawberries or raspberries, coconut milk, coconut meat, banana in a blender. Blend everything until it is smooth. Wash the blender and put mango chunks, vanilla bean, 1 cup of pineapple juice. Put the raspberry smoothie over the mango smoothie and mix them a bit.
10. Vegan Lemon Avocado Smoothie
Stop the feeling of being bloated with an energizing avocado detox smoothie.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- 1 cup of coconut water
- ¼ cup of mashed avocado
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. aloe vera juice
- ¼ cup of coconut water placed in ice cubes
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients and put everything in a blender.
- Be healthy before you head towards the door in the morning. Make these breakfast smoothies on a daily basis and you will be getting your much needed antioxidants and nutrients in no time.